Canning 101 Class
Cost Effective Customized Delicious
Shepherdess Celeste's favorite preservation method for the Shepherd's Heart Farm harvest is canning. I love canning for many reasons! Here are just a few of the reasons:
- Self Reliance
- Many fresh foods increase in nutritional value when canned
- Vitamins may be lost with any preservation method, but with canning all your minerals stay in your product
- Customize, according to what you like
- Long shelf life
Our textbook will be the Ball Blue Book so bring yours to class. You will learn in this class:
- How to can safely
- When to can and when not to can
- Learn both hot water and pressure canning
We will then can whatever is in season at Shepherds Heart Farm. Each student will come home with a canned good that you canned!
Class length: Allow 5 hours, but it will depend what is available and what you want to can. We will collect our harvest from the gardens and then can it.
Family Friendly Class
Minimum 5 students per class and maximum of 10 students.