Castile Soap Making Class Video
Soapmaking Video Class....Castile Soap
We will be making Castile soap because it is gentle for everyone and it is the purest and simplest soap that you can make. Going into hard times you may not have access to luxury oils so I want to teach you a basic soap. In the future, if you have no olive oil you can render animal fat and use it.
If you are taking the soapmaking class you will need:
- 1 pound of lye, but I would suggest a 50 pound bag so you can make soap in the future.
- 2-1 gallon bottles of olive oil (like what you get in two-pack at Costco)
- Stick Blender ( a back up is recommended)
- Large bowls
- Canner (for the double bowl effect)
- 1 gallon glass jar with lid with two hole on opposite sides punch in using a large nail.
- 2 blankets
- Some type of molds
- You can add different color clays for color, additives, and aromas if you want.