AI More Human than Humans?
You are witnessing with your own eyes the decay of morals and ethics - the very fabric of civilization and compassion. To the heart of the matter, the destruction of what it means to be human.
Why is it that In our gut we know something is wrong, but we don't take the time to stop and examine why it is that our gut is giving us that feelings? Can we afford to be that busy? We find ourselves in a tyrannical Darwinian world. Everything must justify it's existence to be allowed to live. The emerging Beast is being advertised as more human than you!
You probably thought that nothing dramatic happened at the stroke of midnight that ushered us into the new millennium. Yet, civilization around the globe changed profoundly leading up to that night. Y2K was a mandate put forth to make machines interoperable. This order was to create and implement machines who could communicate with one another. If one looks for a marker for the beast system, this would be a key date. As we entered the 21st century, policies, budgets, science and research, and our whole culture began to revolve around artificial intelligence.
The healing art of medicine was transformed into a business model. It was about that time that you began to hear murmurings and whispers that you were not really human at all. This is because you have more cells in your body that you share in commonality with any other life form. This laid a foundation for an implantable chip for anyone requiring medical treatment. From that stepping stone, it was no problem to make the jump to allow AI and robotics more freedoms and privileges than humans.
With the release of the long anticipated Precision Medicine Initiative the genie is out of the bottle and you will be hearing it openly declared that you are more non-human than human, which has tremendous impact on our lives including experimentation and surveillance issues.
For the ten years leading up to the the New Millennium law schools began to debate who had primacy in law, humans or animals. Few saw the raging debate because it was conducted behind closed doors. That debate laid the foundation to dethrone humanity. It was determined that animals indeed, had primacy. That was the beginning of the demise for humanity as we knew it and the Hybrid Era and Post-Human Epoch began. This was, and is, completely contrary to the biblical mandate ordained by God:
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
AI and Robotic War World
It is now common to see AI-powered robots who are stronger than humans, in many ways more intelligent than humans, as well as outperform humans in new domains. We face an endless war at home and abroad. Policy makers are asking the question of... What does it mean to be human? Do we believe that human warfighters exhibit the best in battlefield situations? In fact, there are international norms and Laws of War that criminalize people who stray outside the boundaries.
Humans are subject to vengeance, frustration, and the desire for victory at any cost.
Have you wondered why we are seeing an intense struggle in America guns? A contributing factor is that we have already granted robots the ability to carry weapons and to use lethal force against humanity. Consider the Armed Robotic Vehicles; Predator and Reaper unmanned aerial vehicles that carry hellfire missiles.
There is increasing pressure forcing the machines to have full autonomy, with the authority to make lethal decision on their own. What's keeping this in check? Instances such as Uber's driverless car killing a person. But this only slows the tide, it won't stop it.
Emotionally Charged Environment
One of the unique attributes of humanity is that deep within our genetic code we are modeled after God Himself. One of those attributes is emotion.
Commercial robots are now being engineered to mimic humans and their emotions. Nothing touches the heart more than a dog or cat and we have seen an explosion of robotic pets enter the commercial market. These robotic pets intelligently interact with humans.
Designs are being created with advancing technology to create robots that are more humanoid but do not exhibit fear, anger, frustration, pain, revenge. It is stated that they will act in a "more humane manner than human beings," especially during times of duress and severe stress.
This comes at a time when humans are being programmed through various means such as media and drugs to abandon all biblical morals and ethics to embrace an evolutionary "selfie" character, more akin to a beast than a human. This is all by design for robotics and AI to rise and displace humanity. Is it ironic that humans are becoming beast-like, while the beast is becoming more 'human-like? How's that feeling in your gut about now?
Meanwhile, robotics and AI are engineered to flourish in environments which are hostile to you and I, such as the surface of Mars. These autonomous systems thrive on battle fields, climate change, or whatever created stress event is unleashed.
Robotic Adherence to the Laws of War
Today we see that robotics and AI are being built to reduce combatant and noncombatant casualties, as well as collateral damages, because they are supposedly engineered to better adhere to the Laws of War than humans can.
What are the proponents of AI and robotics saying?
- They can successfully be engineered to act conservatively.
- Robots do not need to protect or preserve themselves in low certainty cases, in essence they can act in a 'self-sacrificing' mode if needed and without reservation.
- Robotic and AI sensors far exceed human sensory abilities.
- Robots and AI can be designed without emotion that cloud their judgement.
- Autonomous agents need not suffer fear or hysteria resulting in criminal behavior.
- Avoids human psychological problems such as distortion when confronted with contradictory information in stressful situations.
- Humans are being programmed to fail in this area as swarms of data create a subliminal stress that interferes with our existing belief pattern creating cognitive closure. Autonomous agents do not possess preexisting belief systems and can see beyond patterns.
Proponents for Autonomous Systems
- Robots/AI can integrate more information from diverse places than a human can
- Ability to harvest information and data from remote sensors and intelligence instantly.
- The Global Information Grid and military systems (weapons) create a matrix environment too complex for humans.
- Autonomous systems and robots have many operational benefits including: faster, cheaper, better mission accomplishment, increased precision, faster target engagement, and impervious to chemical and biological agents.
It is important to note that new research is focusing on the ethical benefits of these systems. But the question remains, who's ethics?
Arguments Against AI
- Who will be blamed when things go wrong human or AI robot?
- The possibility of uni-lateral risk-free warfare which could be viewed as unjust.
- Impossible to be done correctly as it is to difficult for machine to discriminate targets.
- Impact upon group cohesion.
- Human may not tolerate 'ethical' robots monitoring their performance.
- Sci-fi nightmare...robots run amok
- When a robot refuses an order who is the ultimate authority?
- The possibility of placing a decision in the hands of an 'immoral, irresponsible, or reckless' person.
- Co-opting 'ethical' robots to serve political agendas.
- Public and social opinion if robots are programmed with ability to kill. Can we trust the programmers?
- Proliferation of technology to 'terrorists' and other actors.
There are other concerns with implementing robotics as we view futuristic scenario's each one with it's unique set of challenges.
There are some who believe that we should engineer 'ethical' codes established by humanity into the Laws of War and Rules of Engagement while others have no consideration for the ethical or moral condition of robotic and autonomous systems. And if allowed on the battlefield, what of their introduction into civil society?
We may be destined to confer rights to these robotic systems, such as refusing an order which >it< sees as unethical. In a day and age when corruption is the name of the game, can man really code an 'ethical' robotic system and then live with whatever the consequences of that decision may be?
Ronald C. Arkin, a scientist, who has been working for decades on a military application of robotics sees the following question as crucial:
"Is it not our responsibility as scientists to look for effective ways to reduce human inhumanity to other people through technology? And if such inhumanity occurs during warfare,what can be done?"
It is a thought provoking question. Has humanity reached a depth of depravity that we need policing by autonomous systems?
Trading our Birthright for Pottage Future
It seems inconceivable that we may be at a point where a machine might be more humane than a person. Of course, in this day of semantic games one does need to know the definition of 'humane'.
The Bible was given to humanity to provide a comprehensive guide for moral and ethical behavior. Even if scientists and roboticists are able to build in moral and ethical code, can the Signature of God really be adopted into robotic autonomous systems?
When we view the landscape in front of us and our future, we would do well to remember that we are God's children. With great restraint we should resist selling our birthright for pottage of a 'bright autonomous future'.
Reference and great read: https://www.cc.gatech.edu/ai/robot-lab/online-publications/arkin-rev.pdf
About the Author:
Celeste has worked as a contractor for Homeland Security and FEMA. Her training and activations include the infamous day of 911, flood and earthquake operations, mass casualty exercises, and numerous other operations. Celeste is FEMA certified and has completed the Professional Development Emergency Management Series.
- Integrated EM: Preparedness, Response, Recovery, Mitigation
- Emergency Plan Design including all Emergency Support Functions
- Principles of Emergency Management
- Developing Volunteer Resources
- Emergency Planning and Development
- Leadership and Influence, Decision Making in Crisis
- Exercise Design and Evaluation
- Public Assistance Applications
- Emergency Operations Interface
- Public Information Officer
- Flood Fight Operations
- Domestic Preparedness for Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Incident Command (ICS-NIMS)
- Multi-Hazards for Schools
- Rapid Evaluation of Structures-Earthquakes
- Weather Spotter for National Weather Service
- Logistics, Operations, Communications
- Community Emergency Response Team Leader
- Behavior Recognition
Celeste grew up in a military & governmental home with her father working for the Naval Warfare Center, and later as Assistant Director for Public Lands and Natural Resources, in both Washington State and California.
Celeste also has training and expertise in small agricultural lobbying, Integrative/Functional Medicine, asymmetrical and symmetrical warfare, and Organic Farming.
Your support of Shepherds Heart Products helps to ensure quality articles from the inside and helps to prepare you to be on top of your game for the most dramatic time in history. Please check out my Electromagnetic Protection and health care products that are designed for their shielding ability and functionality. For those who make purchases, I humbly thank you.